Hamilton County Electric Cooperative will sponsor two area students for an all-expense paid trip to Washington, D.C. The winners will join more than 150 of their peers from across the state on this exciting trip. On Rural Youth Day, the Texas group will meet participants from other states at the Nation’s Capital where they will meet their State Representatives. Nearly 1,900 students will gather to learn about each other and what life is like in other parts of the U.S.A.
Applicant’s parents/legal guardians must be members of Hamilton County Electric Cooperative.
Applicant must reside in the home of parents or legal guardians who are full-time residents of a home serviced by Hamilton County Electric Cooperative.
Applicants must submit one completed application along with an essay of not more than 500 words in length, 12-point type and double spaced on the following topic:
“What would life be like without electricity?”
- The essays must be typed. No handwritten entries will be accepted.
- The essays may be delivered to the Hamilton County Electric Cooperative office at 420 North Rice Street, Hamilton, TX or mailed to:
Hamilton County Electric Cooperative
Youth Tour Contest/Keela Payne
P.O. Box 753
Hamilton, Texas 76531
- Essays must be received in the office no later than 4:30 p.m. on February 20, 2019.
The Selection Process
- A panel of judges will select two winners from the written essays submitted.
- If you are chosen as a winner, but find that you are unable to participate in the trip, please advise Keela Payne at Hamilton County Electric Cooperative as soon as possible.
- The dates for the 2019 tour are June 12 - 21, 2019.
- A runner-up will represent Hamilton County Electric Cooperative on the trip in case a winner is unable to attend.
For more information, visit texasyouthtour.com. Contact Keela Payne by phone at (254) 386-9428 or by email at email@example.com for an application.